The advantage of the geographical position is considerable
changed with the changes of socio-historical
opportunity and on it are, notwithstanding a strong tendency
isolation, had the least impact physically -
geographical conditions. The end is taken from the tribe
who lived in this area.
At the time of Roman domination, practically from
beginning of our era, this end belonged
province of Dalmatia. Supervision of mines
was performed from neighboring Domavia (today
Srebrenica). At that time, the river Drina did not
border, but a link between the ends of one and
the other side of the river. From the division of the Roman Empire
In 395, the border ran right along the river
Drina, so this area belonged to the East
Roman Empire, ie. Byzantium.
At the time of the migration of the people, when the Slavs also came
there was general insecurity, even more often
changes in the affiliation of these areas in between
Byzantium and newly settled peoples. Some time
this area also fell under the rule of the Hungarians
kings, from the time of King Dragutin he was
more permanently involved in the field of medieval
Serbian lands. By weakening the Nemanjic government
for a time Azbukovica belonged to Nikola
Altomanović, and then they took over these parts
Prince Lazarus and his descendants.
With the fall of the Despotate in 1459, the government lasted longer
in these parts the Ottoman Empire. In the XV and XVI
century, this area belonged in part to the nahija Osat, a
partly to Sokol Nahija, and later only
Sokol Nahija of the Smederevo Sandzak.
As the mines belonged to the sultan, so did Crnča, with
fertile Bukovica and surrounding hamlets became
imperial possession- has. In time, the whole end is over
Bukovici called Azbukovica, which remained until
Azbukovica welcomed liberation from the Turks
1834. By their emigration (from Soko
city in 1862) became a border area.
The opening of the crossing, scaffolding, and 1837 was immediately initiated.
the construction of quarantines begins,
observation posts, medical facilities and warehouses for
goods, thus laying the urban foundations
new settlement - Ljubovija, "in the middle of the Drabić field".
Only 23 years later, Ljubovija becomes county
town, and by the decree of the Deputy Prince Milan M. Obrenovic, dated June 3, 1871, was proclaimed
small town. Then came the Serbian-Turkish wars and
catastrophic flood on October 30, 1896.
For Ljubovija, it remained written: "And while the eye
blinked, the town was all under water. Strong
the torrent took away everything it reached. "Valuable inhabitants of
Ljubovija is renovating their settlement in a new location,
an elevation called Jabučje, where it is still located today.
But further progress is again slowed by wars,
first the Balkan, then the First World War in which
this area bled the most. He found himself first on
strike of all the attacks of the Austro-Hungarian army on
Serbia. Mačkov Stone monument also testifies to that
to whom thousands of corpses remained. In period
between the two wars, Azbukovica was devastated
the economic crisis also struck. In the postwar period
construction, the development of this environment slows down
the possibility of building a large hydropower plant
(Velika Dubravica), which would drown Ljubovija
with its accumulation, you have been here for years
it built nothing. Only in the eighth decade of the past
century Ljubovija began a somewhat faster development