Tradition says that the monastery of the Holy Trinity, after
a place called Citluk, about 400 years old and yes
is among the oldest Orthodox religious
monuments in this part of Podrinje. Data from
In 1878, they testified that it existed at that time
the church. Locals and parish priest in 1966, at
they built a new one on the foundations of the old church. The church
is dedicated to the Holy Trinity.
A charter was found in the foundations which
confirms that the church existed in 1816.
The iconostasis is considered to be over 100 years old
years. Although it is damaged, there are many preserved
elements. The gate at the entrance to the church dates from that
period. Blessed be the Bishop of Sabac -
Valjevo Jovan Velimirović, seeing this place,
he left it to his successor, Bishop Šabac
Lavrentije was blessed to build a monastery there.
The new bell tower was built in 1995, a
construction of the lodgings began in 1999. From the
In 1999, he settled in the monastery
In this monastery there is a copy of the icon of the Mother of God of Tikhvin.
This miraculous icon of the Most Holy Mother of God
is celebrated on June 26 / July 9 and is called for help for
preserving the health of children. On the north pillar
the old church from 1878 was painted
icon of the Virgin. Rain and bad weather, the church is
most damaged just on the north side. The color is
the icons spilled due to the leaking roof and
the icon was crumbling. The priest, Father Kozlov, who
came from Russia after the persecution of monks, in
during the October Revolution, he wanted to
turn the icon over to make the church look more beautiful.
When he crossed the church, she called him the same night
The Most Holy Mother of God told him that it was not necessary
to do so. The next day he tried to correct it
error, but to no avail. That night, it was revealed to him
is that he will experience some discomfort. Soon after
then his son Oleg fell ill and died. U
Father Kozlov brought the sign of repentance from Russia
a copy of the icon of the Tikhvin Mother of God, which is also
today it is located in the monastery on the same pillar. Prev
by this icon, people who are pious and who have
strong faith, they experienced many healings and miracles.